Game Of Thrones Theories:
Well, I couldn’t help myself. I had to write down all the theories I have about Game of Thrones (GOT) ahead of Season 8. I’m not ready for the story to end, but I also want answers, damn it. These are a collection of things I’ve read, thought of, interpreted from the “text” of the show, because I’m an English major and that’s what I do. An * indicates the few I’m convinced of without a doubt. Everything else is just a guess and my opinion.
As we make our way through the last six episodes, I’ll periodically come back to update/weigh in on if I’m proven right or wrong.
1. The characters may somehow represent the “Seven”.
Crone—Tyrion? Melissandre? Davos?
Warrior – Greyworm? Jorah? Brienne? Jaime?
Smith – Gendry
Stranger – Arya or Bran?
2. The lone wolf dies while the pack survives*
those with direwolves still living will survive. Caveat: I don’t WANT this to be true. But I also don’t trust the showrunners not to break our hearts (still no over the Red Wedding or the fact that Rickon didn’t zig-zag). And thus far, it’s been correct.
3. The dragon has three heads*
Jon, Dany, and their child
4. A song of Ice and Fire*
Jon is going to end up with the ice dragon—warging will probably be involved
5. Rhaegar Targaryen + Lyanna Stark
someone in power helped manipulate it—Dayne family may come into it.
6. Prince that was promised—>The Stallion that Mounts the World
Jon and Dany (medieval use of ‘prince’ is ruler, and they’re both going to rule Westeros) and Dany and Jon’s child.
7. Melisandre in Volantis is going to have meaning. Not sure what. Maybe bringing more priests and priestesses with her?
8. Dany breaking the wheel may be tied to the White Walker symbols (one of which is a wheel).
9. White Walkers were created by children of the forest from the First Men. Being the blood of the First Men may come into play when fighting the Night King
10. Only death can pay for life—will pertain to White Walkers and Dany can conceive because Viserion “died” *
11. Weirwood trees/heart trees are going to influence the battle for the dawn.
12.Bran’s connection with the Night King—will warging be involved?
13.There must always be a Stark in Winterfell
Bran becoming one with the heart tree there?
14.Gendry will make Valyrian steel with the help of the dragons–maybe even forge Lightbringer.*
15.Jaime is the Valonqar and will kill Cersei—or Arya in his face will.*
16. Craster’s sons and the White Walkers—are White Walkers made or grown? Wights are dead people. Will little Sam’s connections to his brother/uncles do anything?
17. The Prophecy that says: ". . . three heads has the dragon . . . . . . three fires must you light . . . one for life and one for death and one to love . . . . . . three mounts must you ride . . . one to bed and one to dread and one to love . . . . . . three treasons will you know . . . once for blood and once for gold and once for love . . ."
Life, bed, and blood – Dragons’ birth/Drogo/Mirri Maz Dhor. Death and dread— Viserion. Gold—Doreah and dude in Qarth. Love—Jon. Maybe he’ll sacrifice his life for hers (but not be dead-dead, only mostly dead).
18. Someone is going to visit the Tower of Joy to find Dawn, Ser Arthur Dayne’s sword. Or it’s in the Winterfell crypts with Lyanna and/or Rhaegar (which would explain the teaser in the Crypts of Winterfell…just sayin’).
19. Jaqen is going to be back as someone—probably impersonating a major character for a really long time.
20. Clegane Bowl is happening. Fire will obviously be involved.
21. Maesters are the memories of those in the 7 Kingdoms. Bran can see the past, present, and future. Sam and Bran are gonna get up to some shenanigans while the others do the physical fighting. Gotta use the brains and the brawn.
Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells the Story? yes, a Hamilton reference was necessary. Don’t judge.
All 3 Dragons
Brienne (in some grand sacrifice)
Bran (in a 3-eyed raven sort of way)
Ser Jorah (defending Dany)*